HVAC Time Tariff Meter
Classroom Air Conditioning Tariff
In a classroom that uses either VRV or central air conditioning, electricity tariff is not applicable, so only time tariff can be applied
- The card reader should be installed near the living or activity space for convenient access.
- Power: User inserts card to get power.
- Tariff: Works like a prepaid style phone card, credit is deducted as time elapses.
- Finished Using: Removing card cuts off power.
- Topping Up: User just buys a loaded smart card to use; once used up, the card can be reloaded and reused.
Can be used for various types of air conditioners including: central a/c, split-type a/c, window type, standing box type, and variable frequency a/c.
- Change Behavior: When the user pays, they become more conscientious of their energy use and will try to conserve energy as extraneous use comes out their own pocket.
- Managed Use: Having a card before being able to use is also a form of managed use, as only authorized personnel will possess a card and can use the a/c.
- Time Based Tariff: Certain a/c types is not amenable to electricity metering as the electricity used is not directly measurable; in these cases, one can meter the elapsed time instead; but regardless of whether the purpose is for tariffing or to save energy, time based tariffing is the best solution.
Classroom Energy Saving Air Conditioning Control
During classes, the instructor inserts the card to enable the a/c; after class, the card is removed and power is cut off.
Long Term Rental Tariff
For the purpose of air conditioning tariff by stall, one can make use of a user pays model.
Short Term Rental Tariff
Available anytime simply by buying a prepaid card. Insert card to get power, remove card to stop, pay only for the time used.
Ball Court Lighting
Insert To Use
- The card reader only recognizes the card and not the person who carries it; the card can be used on any card reader, making this a true user pays system.
- Display the remaining credits, when the credits are used up, the power ceases.
- Three possible ways to tariff:
- Inserting card immediately starts tariff
- Tariff while the valve is on
- Tariff while the fan is operating
(1) Time Tariff
(2) Valve Tariff
(3) Fan Tariff
Standalone Card Reader
Card reader tariff stores the tariff rate within the card reader itself, since the size and capacity of each a/c may differ, the elapsed time for each a/c does not consume the same amount of resource and each a/c should have its own tariff rate. The tariff rate within the card reader can only be changed using a special tariff rate setup card.
Using the EnergyLink auto meter reading software
- Displays the status of every load controller unit.
- Displays the remaining credits for every inserted card, and the operating mode: forced on, forced off, normal card reader control.
- The load can be forcefully turned on or off without regard to the presence of the card.
- The tariff rate can be changed remotely.
- This system requires the LB500 or LB1500 load controller.