Reading & Chat Area
Small Reading Room
Traditional Approach 1: Staff Managed
Each section has its own control switch, which would be spread about and hard to manage.
- The staff manages each section which is too bothersome for the staff.
- Since it is too bothersome, most lights are simply left all day long.
Traditional Approach 2: Sensor Controlled
- Even though someone means to just pass through, the sensors trigger the lights to turn on.
Manual on; occupant leaves, auto off.
The facility manager forces the lights on through the touch panel; forces meaning that the sensors are to be ignored.
The facility manager authorizes the local controls through the touch panel.
- When someone enters the room or a particular section, they can turn the lights on manually through the nearest wall switch
- Whey they leave, the sensors automatically turn off the lights.
Note: When someone is just passing through, unless they push the wall switch, the lights won't turn on automatically.